[Linux-PowerEdge] Upgrade from S100 to H700 - how to migrate software raid 1 to hardware raid 1?

Biel, Charles cbiel at uta.edu
Thu Sep 12 10:47:12 CDT 2013

Hi Francis,

   Just out of curiosity, does EMC Networker have a feature that
does "Synthetic Full" backups? I am using this in CommVault Simpana
for some cases where a traditional full backup was taking over 1 day
to complete, and found it to be an acceptable solution.

   Some quick web searching leads me to believe EMC Networker can do
this if you deem it an acceptable solution.

   Not at all what you are asking directly for, but it might resolve
your backup performance issue.

Hope this helps,
Charles