[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA7.3 with iDRAC7Express and Debian Wheezy

Johannes C. Schulz enzephalon76 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 10 13:44:48 CDT 2013

Hello Elie

Success! After giving the iDRAC the 192.168.1.20 and leave the NIC in OS on
192.168.1.10 it works. Maybe, cause I changed in BIOS the "OS to
iDRAC"-setting to enabled??? What's about this setting?

And please let me ask a second question. After turning my machine on, the
dsm_om_connsvcd service isn't running. Then I restart srvadmin, get an
[FAIL] on stopping dsm_sa_eventmgrd and then all services are starting fine
and everything works. Any idea???

Oh, a third question: Are there any problems using passwords with # and $
chars in it???

best regards
Johannes