[Linux-PowerEdge] Add PD to existing VD on H800?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Tue Sep 10 12:32:09 CDT 2013

Well, either I'm incredibly dense, or simply haven't found what I'm looking for yet in the documentation...

On a PERC H800 installed in a PE2950 (connected to an MD1000), I have a RAID-6 array with 5x3TB drives. I'd like to add a 6th 3TB drive, but I'm not finding any way to do that. The new drive shows up in the H800 BIOS, but simply shows as unconfigured. The only operation I can perform is to make it a global hotspare.

Using the PERC BIOS, MegaCli64, and the Megaraid Storage Manager software all show no option, but I have to believe it is possible, no?

How do I add the new drive to the existing array? Once added, I assume I can just resize the filesystem to the max extents and remount?

Thanks!

--Tim