[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA7.3 with iDRAC7Express and Debian Wheezy

Elie_Jreij at Dell.com Elie_Jreij at Dell.com
Tue Sep 10 07:39:07 CDT 2013

Are you using the same IP address for iDRAC and OMSA? They should be different
Regards
Elie

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Johannes C. Schulz
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:39 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA7.3 with iDRAC7Express and Debian Wheezy

Hello
At first, a big sorry about my poor english - maybe someone like to answer in german if possible.
I'm here with my brandnew T620 including iDRAC7Express, running Debian Wheezy with srvadmin (OMSA7.3).
At this time I'm able to connect to OpenManage-Software from my local network and from outside. But if I try to start the webinterface a "site not found"-message appears. So I like to ask you dear list-members about some help. I've attached a screenshot of OpenManage here: http://www.enzephalon.de/fileadmin/pics/T620_iDRAC7Express_20130910.jpg
The T620 is located behind a NAT-Router, ports 443, 1311 and 22 are forwarded to the server. NIC1 has IP 192.168.1.10, NIC2 is bridged (for using with virtual machines) and has IP 192.168.1.11. iDRAC is assigned to NIC1.

Do I need to open port 443 on the linux machine?
Is my configuration of OpenManage correct? Cause if I connect from outside, the address of webinterface is just the local one (https://192.168.1.10:443).

or
I'm completely wrong and accessing iDRAC7Express-webinterface from outside isn't possible?
best regards
Johannes