[Linux-PowerEdge] Fwd: syslog gets hosed with CPU power

Stephan van Hienen stephan.van.hienen at thevalley.nl
Mon Sep 9 02:49:36 CDT 2013

We are seeing this issue on both linux (rhel6) and windows (windows 2012) systems.
But only on PowerEdge Rx20 systems.

On the windows system the taskmanager shows cpu speed 0,15 Ghz when the issue happens.
And in the eventlog a lot of these warnings :
The speed of processor 4 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Regards,

Stephan

Stephan van Hienen
senior system administrator
+31 6 43 03 05 26

De Entree 230, 1101 EE Amsterdam, +31 20 451 51 51
the people's valley

the people's valley is part of the valley cross channel marketing & communications

Wij serveren op 12 september http://thevalley.nl/facebook_killers voor ontbijt! Eet je mee?