[Linux-PowerEdge] RBU Bios Update not supported on this system

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Wed Jan 30 23:02:31 CST 2013

Hi Mukarram,

Looks like IPMI command is failing on the system, could you please reset iDrac using "racadm racreset" command and update BIOS again on your system.

Thanks
Santosh

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Mukarram Syed
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:49 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] RBU Bios Update not supported on this system

Hi,
Any information on how to fix this error would help me.
BIOS Update using LC Staged Procedure Failed.
Thank You.

# mukarram
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Mukarram Syed <mukarram.syed at 8x8.com<mailto:mukarram.syed at 8x8.com>> wrote:
Hi Santosh,
Thanks for your response.  But when I use the yum repository to upgrade the BIOS I get the following error for the R420 that I have:
Please advice.

Thanks

# mukarram

Running updates...
- Installing dell_dup_componentid_00159 - 1.4.6Installation failed for package: dell_dup_componentid_00159 - 1.4.6
aborting update...

The error message from the low-level command was:

BIOS Update using LC Staged Procedure Failed.