[Linux-PowerEdge] RBU Bios Update not supported on this system

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Mon Jan 28 22:37:36 CST 2013

Hi Mukarram,

The BIOS update using RBU is not supported on 12G servers and you can use OMSA repository (http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/)  to update BIOS on your system

Thanks
Santosh

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Mukarram Syed
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:09 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] RBU Bios Update not supported on this system

Hi,
I have a R420 and I am trying to upgrade the firmware using your yum repository.
When get the error when I try to upgrade the BIOS.  I am running CentOS 6.3 64bit on R420.
I tried to look for settings in the BIOS to turn on RBU (Remote Bios Update) but couldn't find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

# mukarram

# dellBiosUpdate -f R420-010406C.hdr -u
WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
Performing BIOS update...
RBU Bios Update not supported on this system.