[Linux-PowerEdge] Yum and Dell Repository Error

Beth Halsema bhalsema at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 28 14:50:16 CST 2013

I determined that the repomd.xml checksum did not match that of the files that
`yum` was complaining about.  I modified the /etc/yum.conf file and added the
line

	http_caching=none

Executed the commands

	yum clean all
	yum makecache

It then acquired the updated file from the repository.  I am now successfully
being notified of the additional OMSA 7.2 updates that were announced
today.

This was probably a timing issue, since I was performing my update from
OMSA 7.1 to what I believe was announced on 1/10/2013 (OMSA 7.2).  I don't
know whether this was done while the new version of OMSA 7.2 was being put
in place.

I believe that my problem has been resolved.

Beth