[Linux-PowerEdge] Yum and Dell Repository Error

Beth Halsema bhalsema at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 28 14:08:17 CST 2013

Based on results to my Google searches, this problem has typically been
associated with a repository problem.

I am running RHEL6.3 x86_64.  Here is the output:

# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
Cleaning repos: dell-omsa-indep dell-omsa-specific rhel-x86_64-server-6
              : rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6
Cleaning up Everything
# yum makecache
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
dell-omsa-indep                                          | 1.9 kB     00:00
dell-omsa-indep/filelists_db                             | 380 kB     00:00
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
dell-omsa-indep/primary_db                               | 361 kB     00:00
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from dell-omsa-indep: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Beth

Beth A. Halsema - GSEC                 email:bhalsema at purdue.edu
Security Analyst, Identity & Access Management
OVPIT - IT Security and Policy
155 S. Grant St.                       phone:(765)496-7456
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2114     fax  :(765)496-2273