[Linux-PowerEdge] Yum and Dell Repository Error

Beth Halsema bhalsema at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 28 10:34:20 CST 2013

Since updating to OMSA 7.2 (firmware and srvadmin updates) on a Dell R310, I
am now receiving the error:

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

The following commands have been issued in an attempt to fix this issue:

yum clean all
yum clean metadata

I have reacquired the bootstrap.cgi file and made sure that which I am using
the current one.  There has been no change in behavior. The execution of this
script resulted in the following output:

Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell
    Key already exists in RPM, skipping
Downloading GPG key: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios
    Key already exists in RPM, skipping
Write repository configuration
Downloading repository RPM
Installing repository rpm: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/prereq/dell-omsa-repository-2-5.noarch.rpm
Installing yum plugins for system id
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
dell-omsa-indep                                          | 1.9 kB     00:00
dell-omsa-indep/primary_db                               | 361 kB     00:00
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
dell-omsa-indep/primary_db                               | 361 kB     00:00
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh60_64/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from dell-omsa-indep: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Google searches have failed to find anything definitive.

Any suggestions as to what I am overlooking?

Thank you,
Beth
Beth A. Halsema - GSEC                 email:bhalsema at purdue.edu
Security Analyst, Identity & Access Management
OVPIT - IT Security and Policy
155 S. Grant St.                       phone:(765)496-7456
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-2114     fax  :(765)496-2273