[Linux-PowerEdge] Mirror OMSA repository

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Mon Jan 21 13:25:20 CST 2013

Dave,

If you use RHN or Spacewalk to manage your OS updates, you could use http://linux.dell.com/dell-satellite-sync/. You can import repos for specific distributions and specific  hardware, and I suppose it could be easily tweaked to just rsync specific repos without importing them to RHN/Spacewalk.

Jose De la Rosa
Linux Engineering
Dell | Enterprise Solutions Group

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of David.Harding at brighthouse.co.uk
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 5:35 AM
To: jean-marc vizier
Cc: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Mirror OMSA repository

I get this kind of error quite frequently, preceded by:
rsync: failed to connect to linux.dell.com: Connection refused (111)
I have no idea what the problem is, but I seem to get connected as often as not, so I'm not that bothered.

On the subject of the rsync script, does anyone have a reliable way of selecting just the Packages relevant to their distro(s) and particular Hardware?
I have a great long list of rsync --includes and --excludes in an attempt to limit the download to just 64-bit RHEL, the limited set of Dell HW I have, and just the latest few versions of OMSA. I figure that there must be a better way; is there?

Cheers,
dave