[Linux-PowerEdge] Monitoring PowerVault MD3220

Łukasz Zygmański vins at umk.pl
Wed Jan 9 03:28:24 CST 2013

Hi Mike,

As far as I know you can monitor the array in two ways:
1) Using Dell MDSM and its SNMP traps and e-mail notifications (not the
best way for me, because you have to have the MDSM running all the time)
2) Using Nagios, but you have to install SMcli which also involves
installing JDK

I haven't heard of any other way yet.

Under this link:
http://wiki.itsm.de/wiki/Monitoring_DELL_PowerVault_MD3000i/MD3200i/MD3600i_with_Nagios
you can found some sample scripts to monitor the array using Nagios.

Best regards,
Lukasz