[Linux-PowerEdge] Can OpenManage Server Administrator be run under Fedora 17?

Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com Wayne_Weilnau at Dell.com
Mon Jan 7 15:36:44 CST 2013

Charles,
The latest versions of OMSA do not officially support the 2600.  Fedora has never been officially supported.  That said......We have not done anything to explicitly stop it from working.  My concern is that the latest releases may not have underlying code required to enable your hardware but the older versions OMSA may not have all the functionality required to integrate into Fedora 17.  You may need to make use of an older version of OMSA and Fedora.  (If you go back to very old versions of OMSA, it may even block you from installing on Fedora)  It might take some experimenting on your part to find the right combination.  If you are lucky, somebody on the list serve may have already done this.  Pretty cool to see one of our 10 year old servers still running and being productive :-)

Wayne Weilnau
Systems Management Technologist
Dell | OpenManage Software Development

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Charles Bradshaw
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 3:27 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Can OpenManage Server Administrator be run under Fedora 17?

I have recently obtained a second hand Poweredge 2600 on which I am running Fedora 17. I'm planning to use the server as a personal training platform.

I would like to know if it is possible run OpenManage Server Administrator Managed Node under Fedora 17? If so which download should I use?

Thanks in advance Charles Bradshw