[Linux-PowerEdge] CentOS support from DELL

Giuseppe Tanzilli - Serverplan giuseppe at serverplan.com
Thu Jan 3 11:18:23 CST 2013

Hi,
we have a lot of DELL servers runing CentOS, when DELL will add CentOS
as supported OS ?

I think CentOS is installed in high number of DELL servers, but instead
of simplify  life for customers DELL is making  harder and harder to use
DELL servers with CentOS.

An example is the new dset version 3.x, missing omsa support  etc.

I understand,  it is a great effort to make it a certified OS, but at
least make it an usable one,
allowing the management tools like OMSA and dset to work.

Basic functional testing on CentOS will be a great progress in the
customers  direction .

How many people here are using CentOS on DELL servers ?

DELL listen us ! !

Giuseppe