replacing SD cards on R620

Paul Archer parcher at masergy.com
Fri Apr 27 15:15:22 CDT 2012

OK, I just bought an R620, and I got the dual SD card option. Of course,
for a fairly high-end server we paid about $10k for, I get 2GB SD cards.
(Lame, Dell!)

So I went to Target and bought some 16GB cards. I figured that if I put
one in and let it rebuild, and then put the other in and let it rebuild,
I'd be able to expand the partition and the filesystem. But the system
still thinks I've got 2GB cards in the machine.

I've been through the lifecycle controller (which is still not quite ready
for prime time) and couldn't figure out how to reset the cards. Does
anyone know how to tell the system that the cards have changed, and to
update its configuration?

pma

Paul Archer <paul.archer at masergy.com>
Senior Unix System Administrator