iDrac 6 Express wrong RAC Time

Ryan Cox ryan_cox at byu.edu
Wed Apr 25 15:40:26 CDT 2012

You can cron something like this from the OS (which uses NTP):
ipmitool sel time set "$(date +'%m/%d/%Y %T')"

Check it with: ipmitool sel time get

You could do that as often as desired, though I don't think it would
need to be more than every day or so.  It takes a little time to update
so it could be off by a second or two, but it's good enough for us.  It
can also be done remotely if you allow IPMI over LAN.