New to the list :)

Howard, Chris HowardC at prpa.org
Tue Apr 17 09:58:20 CDT 2012

It is not hard to find a PowerEdge machine of the 2850 vintage
for not very much money.   2650s are even easier to get, cheap.
But the remote control stuff is not as useful, and they are
noisy and power hungry. I have one that cost me $2 at a
university surplus auction. But I had to scrounge some drives for it.

A lot depends on your location.

Keep an eye on govdeals.com and gsaauctions.gov