Expanding disk space in a RAID10 on R710

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at durham.ca
Fri Apr 13 12:31:43 CDT 2012

>>I'm just afraid I missed the point Brian wants to expand the volume after rebuilding with larger drives. Because there is no Dell-way to do this. Just wanted to figuring out best way to do so before posting the message again.

Can the HBA tolerate inline SAS switch(es) - between HBA and drive?

I'm envisioning direct attached flash, rotational media behind (redundant) SAS switch(es).

Rgs.
Brent

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION.  No rights to any privilege have been waived.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.