H700: omconfig and Operation disabled

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 13 07:38:09 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Tim Krieger <tim.krieger at neverblue.com> wrote:
> Hey Daryl,
>
> Probably not much help, but for what it is worth, I have OSMA 6.5.0 running on several CentOS 6.2 64 bit boxes all working with no issues.  I have not attempted disk offline/online but have successfully configured BIOS options for IPMI interfaces etc.
>
> Unfortunately we have SAS6 controllers and no systems in the test lab at the moment.

Thanks for the message.  I am able to most things with omconfig, but
just not important stuff like offline and rebuild drives. The same
issue exists with the OMSA web UI as well.  I guess I am about out of
options.  My Dell sales rep hasn't followed up on this.  Dell Support
didn't know the answer.  Now am not getting much luck on the poweredge
email list.  Maybe I could try the Dell web forums,  but I keep on
getting various error pages when attempting to log in.

daryl