H700: omconfig and Operation disabled

Mon Apr 9 15:10:08 CDT 2012

Can you include the output of "omreport storage pdisk controller=0 pdisk=0:0:8 -fmt xml"?

Thanks,
Patrick Boyd
Dell Systems Management Development

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Daryl Herzmann
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 8:43 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: H700: omconfig and Operation disabled

Howdy,

I've got a number of R510s with OMSA 6.5.3 and fully updated RHEL 6.2 64bit.  No matter with or without Dell OEM drives attached to the H700, seemingly any of the omconfig commands will error out.  For
example:

   # omconfig storage pdisk pdisk=0:0:8 controller=0 action=offline
   Operation disabled. Read, action=offline
   Refer to the documentation for more information.

Could somebody kindly tell me what I am doing wrong or where in the documentation I can read more about this error?  Perhaps RHEL's MPT is to blame here?

  Fusion MPT base driver 3.04.19
  Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver 3.04.19
  mptctl: Registered with Fusion MPT base driver
  mptctl: /dev/mptctl @ (major,minor=10,220)
  mpt2sas version 09.101.00.00 loaded

thanks,
 daryl