12G BIOS updates with smbios?

Robert Kennedy robertk at rgmadvisors.com
Mon Apr 9 14:59:52 CDT 2012

Unfortunately we need to run an unsupported platform where the
standard update package fails, even though all the Dell OpenManage
tools seem to work just fine. I'm unsure what version of hapi is
packaged in the update package and why it can't query what it wants.
I'm guessing it doesn't like 3.1+ kernels, or  even 2.6.41+ kernels
under uname26.

Device: BIOS
  Application: BIOS
  Unable to get the System Generation.

I guess I will try to find some recent documentation on the lifecycle
controller to see if I can work around the problem.

Cheers,
Robert K.