H700: omconfig and Operation disabled

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Mon Apr 9 08:42:34 CDT 2012

Howdy,

I've got a number of R510s with OMSA 6.5.3 and fully updated RHEL 6.2
64bit.  No matter with or without Dell OEM drives attached to the
H700, seemingly any of the omconfig commands will error out.  For
example:

   # omconfig storage pdisk pdisk=0:0:8 controller=0 action=offline
   Operation disabled. Read, action=offline
   Refer to the documentation for more information.

Could somebody kindly tell me what I am doing wrong or where in the
documentation I can read more about this error?  Perhaps RHEL's MPT is
to blame here?

  Fusion MPT base driver 3.04.19
  Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver 3.04.19
  mptctl: Registered with Fusion MPT base driver
  mptctl: /dev/mptctl @ (major,minor=10,220)
  mpt2sas version 09.101.00.00 loaded

thanks,
 daryl