Which port to use for ESXi boot drive?

Hank heskin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:51:21 CDT 2012

I have three Dell R610 Poweredge servers running ESXi. I'm going to be
re-installing ESXi soon when I swap out some of the hard drives.

Each of the R610s have an Enterprise DRAC card with a "vFlash" SD card
slot..  The servers also have a built-in SD Card slot, as well as a
separate  USB connector for a USB Thumb drive.

I know this sounds pretty basic, but what are the differences between
the three options if I wanted to use one as a boot drive for ESXi?

Thanks,

-Hank