bmc ipmi error messages on c6100

kashif.hafeez at stfc.ac.uk kashif.hafeez at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 03:47:19 CDT 2012

We had that problem with our systems (not a critical problem). I found a way to stop these messages by restarting IPMI driver but that was not a proper fix. The ipmi error messages stopped by updating IPMI firmware which was recommended by Dell.

Also that new IPMI firmware 1.26 fix the problem where default IPMI user id and password don't work. Updating IPMI firmware is easy and you don't need to reset your system for this. Just stop IPMI driver before updating the firmware and start again after update finish.

Kashif