Network Issue on OMSA start

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Thu Jul 28 04:12:14 CDT 2011

Hi,
just yesterday, we took over management of one T300 server.
I reinstalled it to debian stable (kernel 2.6.32). When I installed omsa and
started dataeng, server stopped responding.
After connecting to KVM, server seemed ok.

I tried ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0 and it started to respond over network again.

Unfortunately, I forgot to upgrade firware during reinstall and I can't do that
now.
But I modified dataeng init script, so it runs ifdown and ifup on it's own.
Kind of hackish, but works fine.

With regards,
Libor