Dell PE R515 Ethernet bonding in CentOS 6 problem

Howard Powell hbp4c at virginia.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:58:29 CDT 2011

Hi Mark -

I'm not sure.  It appears that the proc interface doesn't display a link speed on my C6 machine:

[root at Yum ~]# cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.5.0 (November 4, 2008)

Bonding Mode: adaptive load balancing
Primary Slave: None
Currently Active Slave: eth0
MII Status: up
MII Polling Interval (ms): 100
Up Delay (ms): 0
Down Delay (ms): 0

Slave Interface: eth0
MII Status: up
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 60:eb:69:8f:41:ed

Slave Interface: eth1
MII Status: up
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 60:eb:69:8f:41:ee

Slave Interface: eth2
MII Status: down
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:10:18:91:d7:28

Slave Interface: eth3
MII Status: down
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:10:18:91:d7:2a

ethtool reports the slave devices' speed as 1000Mb/s, full duplex for each connected interface.

Sorry,  this probably isn't useful.

Howard Powell
hbp4c at virginia.edu