Dell PE R515 Ethernet bonding in CentOS 6 problem

Mark Rolen mrolen at opubco.com
Fri Jul 22 11:10:40 CDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 11:38 -0400, Howard Powell wrote:

> Adam's suggestion worked perfectly - removing the quotes from the MASTER=bond0 line in ifcfg-ethX convinces the network init script to load the slave devices.

Kind of a hijack of this thread, but now that you have your bonding
working, does /proc/net/bonding/bond0 show your slave interfaces linked
at their correct gigabit speeds, or at 100 Mbps?  I'm setting up a
couple of R815s and while 'ethtool eth0' shows it at 1000Mbps (and that
agrees with the switch port as well), /proc/net/bonding/bond0 shows all
slaves at 100Mbps.  Just wondering if I'm missing something or if that's
a bug somewhere.

It does appear that I'm getting gig speeds when doing some initial tests
with the bond0 interface.

Thanks,
Mark