Optical SFP+ modules with BCM 957711

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:23:30 CDT 2011

Hi,
I want to know what kind of Optical modules I can use with the
Broadcom 957711 (A1113G) SFP+ double ports. SR ? LR ? ER ? LRM ?

A broadcom engineer said :
"I've only seen SR modules qualified on the NIC, though the underlying
hardware can support SR, LR, and LRM modules. You'll need to check the
vendor's documentation for their list of supported modules as the
qualification is specified by the vendor."

And :
"Broadcom doesn't sell cards directly to end users, OEMs such as Dell
sell NICs with Broadcom controllers. The OEM's documentation should
include the optics modules they've chosen to support on their NIC."

Does anyone already tested modules on this card. Can't found any
information on Dell site.

Thanks.

--
Sebastien Douche <sdouche at gmail.com>