PERC H700 and linux 2.6.33

Baskar Duraikannu baskar.duraikannu.db at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:31:20 CDT 2011

Good Morning

We use lot of Dell equipment.  Right now, I am testing SSD drives with
Dell R410s.  Dell R410s that we have came with PERC H700 Controller.

We are running kernel version 2.6.39 with Cent OS 5.5.  Unfortunately OS
does not see that SSD drives connected to the controller.
I was searching the forums and came up with the following link where it
was reported that 2.6.32 does not support H700 controller.

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2010-March/041606.html

I was wondering whether the issue was fixed. If so, could you please
guide us towards a fix or workaround to solve this issue?

Regards,
Baskar Duraikannu
Mobile: 646 299 6248