PowerEdge 2950 PERC 6/i (Mgia) (Mgia)

Jim Goddard jgoddard at gmi-mr.com
Thu Jul 7 12:17:31 CDT 2011

Hi Mgia,

I might be missing something, but my thinking is that you may be running
into the issue with the 64-bit OMSA version.  There is a known issue
with some of the older RAID cards and OMSA 6.5 that result in the "no
storage controllers found" issue.  I have worked around this on a couple
boxen by forcing the install of the 32-bit version of OMSA.

http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/01/no-controllers-found-fix-set-up-dell-omsa-6-4-32-bit-on-rhel-centos-5-5-64-bit/

This blog specifically mentions the PERC 4, so I may be completely
off-base here.

Thanks,

Jim

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 12:00 -0500, linux-poweredge-request at dell.com