PowerEdge 2950 PERC 6/i (Mgia)

pjwelsh pjwelsh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:52:31 CDT 2011

On 07/06/2011 12:00 PM, linux-poweredge-request at dell.com wrote:
> Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:29:45 +0200
> From: Mgia <mgiashmera at lavabit.com>
> Subject: Re: PowerEdge 2950 PERC 6/i
> To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> I'm running the latest version of OMSA 6.5
>
> I have restarted the srvadmin-services and there was no problem but
> still report that there are no controllers.
>
> Mgia

I can only suspect that you are needing help with RHEL or CentOS version of
the install (correct if needed). I have had less install issues with OMSA 6.5
than any version before. Did you preform an upgrade or fresh install? If you
are using RHEL or CentOS or Scientific Linux, you could look at
http://pjwelsh..com/2011/03/basic-omsa-install-and-useage-with-rhel.html
(HERE
<http://pjwelsh..com/2011/03/basic-omsa-install-and-useage-with-rhel.html>)
for some basic self-promoting install instructions ;) The only interesting
part is the need for "yum install srvadmin-all OpenIPMI OpenIPMI-tools
dell_ft_install" to *REALLY* get enough to run OMSA.

Hope this helps!

pjwelsh