Help with multipath failover

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Wed Mar 31 10:38:24 CDT 2010

Im connecting a PE2850 to a Equalogic SAN, using multipath. I have a PCI NIC with one connection to the SAN and one from the onboard controller too. The SAN is ona  different network, and is at IP 10.10.20.10.

Here is the output from the multipath -ll
[root at ccvobtest2850 ~]# multipath -ll
DubSanGrp01VolCC (36090a048d03f308d51b1f47c000030a6) dm-18 EQLOGIC,100E-00
[size=500G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=0][rw]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][enabled]
 \_ 3:0:0:0 sdc 8:32  [active][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=1][enabled]
 \_ 4:0:0:0 sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

And here is the multipath.conf:
[root at ccvobtest2850 ~]# cat /etc/multipath.conf
## Use user friendly names, instead of using WWIDs as names.
defaults {
        user_friendly_names yes
}
blacklist {
#       wwid 26353900f02796769
#       devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
#       devnode "^hd[a-z]"
#        devnode "^sd[a-b]"
}
multipaths {
        multipath {
                wwid                    36090a048d03f308d51b1f47c000030a6
                alias                   DubSanGrp01VolCC
        }
}
devices {
        device {
                vendor "EQLOGIC"
                product "100E-00"
                path_grouping_policy failover
                getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
                features "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_checker readsector0
                failback immediate
                path_selector "round-robin 0"
                rr_min_io 10
                rr_weight priorities
                }
}

However when I unplug the cable to eth1, it doesn't failover. I am testing with a ping to the SAN at 10.10.20.10. As Im pretty new to all this, was wondering if anyone has any pointers on where I am going wrong.

Thanks
Brian