Problem with syscfg

Steve Tempest Steve.Tempest at gts.apn.com.au
Mon Mar 29 23:21:35 CDT 2010

Hi

I'm trying to alter the hostname or a PE1950 using the following command
(which works on the server in example).

[root at process1 /]# /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg pcp
--hostname=ASXPlus_IO_01

pefcfgparams

hostname=ASXPlus_IO_01

 [root at process1 /]#

When I try and run the same command on a different server I get the
following result.

[root at web01 /]# /opt/dell/toolkit/bin/syscfg pcp
--hostname=ASXPlus_Web_01

The option 'pcp' is not available or cannot be configured

through software.

[root at web01 /]#

I can't see in the installed packages what is missing as the syntax is
obviously correct as it works on another server just fine.

Cheers

Steve

Notice

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and subject to copyright.  They may
contain privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message
and notify the sender. You should not read, copy, use, change, alter or disclose this email or
its attachments without authorisation.  The company and any related or associated companies do
not accept any liability in connection with this email and any attachments including in connection
with computer viruses, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. Any views expressed in this email and any attachments do not necessarily reflect the
views of the company or the views of any of our related or associated companies.