R900 crashing under NFS

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Mar 29 08:51:27 CDT 2010

Got an R900 with four six-core processors
running latest centos 5, all stock updates
so kernel is 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5PAE.
Using built-in NIC at 100 Mbit, bnx2 driver.
Under heavy NFS from just one client the
server kernel panics.  We're really just
using the server to move some files off a
vmware system so I just did a fresh centos
install, ran the updates, set up nfs server
with the default options and one exported
directory and went on our way.

Are there some known issues with the bnx2
driver or the latest centos/rhel kernel and
nfs?

Thanks,
David