Multipathing on PE2850 & RHEL5.4

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Fri Mar 26 11:07:01 CDT 2010

I have a PE2850 with two connections to the SAN, with multipathing set up:

[root at ccvobtest2850 network-scripts]# multipath -ll
DubSanGrp01VolCC (36090a048d03f308d51b1f47c000030a6) dm-18 EQLOGIC,100E-00
[size=500G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=0][rw]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=2][active]
 \_ 3:0:0:0 sdc 8:32  [active][ready]
 \_ 4:0:0:0 sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

My connections to the san are eth1 and eth2

When I ifdown eth2, both paths stay up. However if I ifdown eth1, one path goes down and the other stays up. If I *then* down eth2 it goes down also.

Any ideas why this may be happening? Seems a bit weird