ENCLOSUREWARN

Fri Mar 26 10:38:34 CDT 2010

The storage and server subsystems use different alerts, for better or worse.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of J. Epperson
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 10:35 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: ENCLOSUREWARN

On Fri, March 26, 2010 10:36, Patrick_Boyd at Dell.com wrote:
> Think of ENCLOSUREWARN as an event class. In other words, any enclosure
> event which is a warning (which is a severity level) triggers this LRA
> action. So in the doc that Mohan sent if you look at the Severity column
> in the table warnings will be called out by the value "Warning /
> Non-critical". As he said the best way to figure out what caused this is
> to look through your OMSA or your system log to find the event that
> triggered the email.

There's a Severity column in the "Event Message Reference" and in the
"Storage Management Message Reference".  In the former, enclosure refers
to fan enclosures, in the latter, disk enclosures.  Only the Storage
Management table uses the "Warning / Non-critical" tag, so you must mean
that one.  Knowing now that the AC had failed in the data center, I can
guess that the alert traces to event id 2100, an overtemp warning, but I'd
be hard pressed to figure that out from the alert, which might as well say
"A bad thing may be happening, please check your OMSA and system logs".
Pretty strange that there weren't any temperature sensor or cooling device
alerts.