"/" full redux

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Mar 26 08:45:33 CDT 2010

All,

Thank you so much for all of the responses, even
though my post was probably OT.  Much
appreciated!!!

I'm just responding now because I was with my
colleague who had the "/" space issue yesterday
PM trying like the dickens to figure out why this
problem occurred.  At the end of it all, we
decided to resize the "/" partition, using Parted
Magic (yes, indeed, we had good backups).  We
went through the process successfully, I'm happy
to report, and all's well.  That said, we're
going to use your suggestions to: 1) still try to
figure out why that system had the problem, and;
2) to add to our own knowledge.

Again, my gratitude.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.