"/" full

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Thu Mar 25 12:07:32 CDT 2010

All,

A colleague at a very small company has CentOS 5.x
running on a R200.  The other day, he tried to
add a new user, but got an error.  His pptpd VPN
also stopped working.  The long-and-short of it
is that "/" (in its own partition) on his system
is 100% full.  I've been helping him look for a
solution to the problem:  we've looked at files
and file sizes for (a) culprit(s), checked
available inodes, and a few other things and, of
course, googled for a solution.  We've come up
empty.

At this point, we don't want to add more space to
the partition.  Can anyone suggest any other
things we can try?

Many thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.