R900 RAM Configuration

Nick Lunt nick.lunt at patech-solutions.com
Wed Mar 24 10:08:40 CDT 2010

Hi

we have an R900 with 32 x 2GB DIMMs in, so the server has no free DIMM
slots.
All the DIMMs are DDR2 FB-DIMM-SYNCHRONOUS .

We need to increase the RAM from 64GB to a minimum of 103GB (based on
our calculations), so really I guess we'd be looking at increasing the
RAM to 104GB, or just going for a nice round 128GB :)

Can anyone recommend the best upgrade method for this ?
Do we need to keep RAM in banks all the same size ?
How many DIMMs are in each bank ?

Basically is there anything we need to be aware of when removing some
DIMMs and adding larger ones ?

Many thanks
Nick .

signature database 4971 (20100324) __________