Ways to troubleshoot racadm

Roehrig, Jack (John) Jack.Roehrig at ask.com
Tue Mar 23 19:12:52 CDT 2010

I am working with an R300 server with dell part WW126 (DRAC 5) installed and configured. The DRAC is functioning correctly; allowing me to log into the console and manage the machine. When attempting to run racadm locally on the machine under RHEL 5.1 i386, I am greeted with the following error:

ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because there is no
local RAC configuration to communicate with.

Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:

 1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed server
 2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on the
    Server

Are there any ways to troubleshoot the malfunctioning culprit?

--
Jack