iDRAC6 web admin interface not allowing virtual media configuration

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 06:41:27 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a remote R610 server on client's premises with PERC6/i and
> PERC6/e + MD1000 backup. The PERC6/i has 6.2.0 firmware (I will
> upgrade it locally in a another day as I have to visit there for this
> issue) and iDRac6 is version 1.3.0 build 24. At the moment I am using
> Windows XP as I have 1 user only (user number 2) who is administrator
> with all privileges set. I also checked this with racadm from the
> server itself and created another admin user from the command line to
> compare---no difference:

I should have added that since there is a firewall between our
management machines and the remote server, we have ports 80, 443, and
5900 open to the DRAC network connection to do web-based management
and console use. Port 22 is open to the server network connection and
I use racadm from the server to access the DRAC.

Are there perhaps any other ports that need to be open in order for
the web-based and Java-based management interface to work correctly?
(our version of Java is Sun JRE 1.6 revision 18).

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug