R710 w/ Mixed SSD + SAS Drives

Andrew Robert Nicols andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
Tue Mar 23 03:50:29 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:45:39PM -0700, Jefferson Cowart wrote:
> Does anyone have an R710 with a mixture of SAS + SSD drives? I'm trying
> to build one using a pair of SAS drives for the OS/applications and 4
> SSDs for an Oracle database.

Hi Jefferson,

We've got a pair of R710s with 6 x 146GB 15,000 RPM SAS drives and two 50GB
SSDs.

Didn't have any issues generating an eQuote for this online with a PERC 6/i
and raid option C20 MSSX R1/R5 (which we blatted anyway). We're running
them in a 8 x 2.5" chassis - perhaps this is your issue?

Andrew

--
Systems Developer

e: andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
im: a.nicols at jabber.lancs.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1524 5 10147

Lancaster University Network Services is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered number: 04311892. Registered office:
University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW