omreport storage: are all possible output values documented?

Giulio Orsero giulioo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:41:53 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 06:20,  <Mohan_G_Murali at dell.com> wrote:

> e.g., to find the possible states and properties of an Virtual Disk you
> can find under the "Virtual Disk Properties" section
> (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/OMSS/vdm
> gmt.htm#wp1424964 )of the user guide.

Unfortunately this is more geared towards the GUI front-end.

For instance, for the "status" the table says "Warning/non-critical",
but I think in the omreport output I might see either "Warning" or
"non-critical" but not "Warning/non-critical", right?

I downloaded the script Ben pointed to, and that contains a reference
of possible values.

The problem now is that I tested OMSA 5.5.0, 6.1.0, 6.2.0 and the
position of the columns using "-fmt ssv" keeps changing, the names of
the columns do the same (ie: "Type" -> "Bus Protocol"); ideally this
could be documented too, but this I can easily test by running
omreport once for every OMSA version and checking the differences.

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com