External array showing as /dev/sda

Frank Wang wg at yarbs.cn
Mon Mar 22 01:59:13 CDT 2010

Hi David,
    We used to have similar problem in our R710 when the 6x750G RAID5
array exceeded the 2T boundary. We used an usbstick(2G) as the /boot
partition and put grub on that to boot the Centos. Then anaconda won't
complain the huge GPT partition anymore.
    The usbstick can be plugged into the internal usb socket in the
chassis, saving the trouble mishandled accidentally. Even the
stability of an usbstick is usually not as good as a hard disk, you
can always save a backup one, it's so cheap nowadays after all.

Regards,
Frank Wang