Reseting DRAC password. Non-supported OS

Joe Gooch mrwizard at k12system.com
Thu Mar 18 08:34:42 CDT 2010

Last time I had a drac I had to reset I downloaded the DTK tools from Dell's support site.  Included is a racadm.exe that can run from a dos boot disk.  (Whether that's a physical floppy, a PXE booted floppy image, or a CD w/ floppy or hard drive boot emulation)  It was easier than trying to get the right combination of kernel, IPMI modules, dell modules and dell binaries on a linux disc.

Joe