Reseting DRAC password. Non-supported OS

Jens_Heinz at Dell.com Jens_Heinz at Dell.com
Thu Mar 18 05:20:28 CDT 2010

This one should have

http://linux.dell.com/files/openmanage-contributions/omsa-601-live/

otherwise you can still add the racadm package.

Jens.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Martin Östlund
Sent: 18 March 2010 11:11
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Reseting DRAC password. Non-supported OS

Hello.

I have a bounch of 1850/1950/2850/2950 PowerEdge servers, all with DRAC
cards.

Unfortionatly the passwords for these drac cards have gone lost in space
and we need to find an easy way to reset the passwords.

The machines are running FreeBSD, so it is not possible to install
OpenManage on these.

I've had a case with Dell about this, their suggestion was to install a
supported OS + OMSA on a seperate HDD and boot each machine of this hdd
and try 'racadmin'.

Does anyone know of a LiveCD with OMSA and Racadm included to reset the
passwords, or does anyone have other suggestions?

Best Regards,
Martin Östlund