Changing BIOS Boot Order from Linux Command Line w/out Complete OM Install

Roehrig, Jack (John) Jack.Roehrig at ask.com
Wed Mar 17 20:07:49 CDT 2010

Does anyone know of a utility that exists that will allow me to modify the BIOS boot order for Dell servers (specifically Poweredge [126][6789]50s and R[4567]10) from the Linux command line? I need a tool that is very non-intrusive, minimal, script-friendly, and will allow me to configure a machine to attempt a network boot before any other devices. I cannot install a full copy of OpenManage on these machines, but am not opposed to using a precompiled binary or making the nvram device. The distributions vary, but all will have Linux 2.[46] kernels.

Regards,
Jack Roehrig