Alternatives to Dell storage?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Mar 17 16:26:54 CDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:13:17AM -0500, Dan Pritts wrote:
> Did not hear anything bad, although I have heard bad things about
> Promise's Fibre Channel SAN gear (LUNs disappearing, RAIDsets going
> offline while rebuilding after a drive failure, etc).  On the plus side,
> the person with the Promise SAN did say that Promise's support was always
> pretty responsive.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Promise, and will never
touch them again.  As a matter of fact, if I were to interview somewhere
and I saw they used Promise equipment, one of my questions would be,
"What is my budget to replace this garbage?"  And response other than a
sufficient dollar figure means I keep looking.