DRAC 5 console with Firefox 3.0.5 on Red Hat

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 15:46:20 CDT 2010

The DRAC is a hardware component in the PowerEdge server, and its
viewer allows you to see & interact with the screen even during POST.
So you can alter BIOS settings, perform initial configuration of the
RAID array, or troubleshoot the machine even when the operating system
isn't booting properly.

Does the DRAC5 allow viewing with a regular VNC viewer? I am certain
that neither the DRAC4 nor the iDRAC6 Enterprise do, not the earlier
RAC in my 2650 systems. These plug ins allow you to access the screen
viewer from supported web-browsers.

Stroller.