DRAC 4 on CentOS 5.4 64-bit?

Steve Jenkins stevej at cheatcodes.com
Wed Mar 10 10:50:07 CST 2010

We purchased a refurb PowerEdge 1850 with a DRAC 4/I card. The default
password doesn't work. In the past, I've been able to simply fix this by
flashing the DRAC firmware, which resets everything (including the
username and password) to factory default. However, doing so this time
just upgraded the firmware version, and did nothing with the password.

I tried just installing mgmtst-racadm-6.1.0-648, which allows me to run
racadm. However, running "racadm sysinfo" gives me:

-----------
ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because
there is no
local RAC configuration to communicate with.

Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:

 1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed
server
 2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on
the
    Server

So now I'm trying to install the full blown OMSA 6.1
(OM_6.1.0_ManNode_A00), but the setup.sh script reports that I have an
unsupported OS.

Any ideas? I just want to change the password on a DRAC! This seems like
a heck of a lot of hoops to jump through for just that.

Thanks,

Steve